What Do You Think? Heck What Exactly Is Audi G28?

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Lavonda Littlef…
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-09-25 22:39

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor is situated on the edge of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU via an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the outside of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. This sensor sends a signal via the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate the flow of fuel, timig and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

toyota-logo-2020.pngThe sensor is used to connect with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft is TDC and the location of the camshaft so it can activate spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will throw a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft aren't in sync and could indicate chain stretch or a jumped link on the upper timing chain. The code won't appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing is a bit tricky since there are two connector pins, and they serve different purposes however the best way to test it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. It should read about 1000 ohms when the sensor is operating at its maximum. Look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating at full speed from the highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is out of gas or the injectors aren't firing anymore. I took out the spark plugs this morning, three were soaked with gasoline and the fourth was unclean. When I start the engine, there are no sparks, i place a tissue on top of each injector hole, the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th one stays closed. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 I got zero ohm. I'm assuming the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it is running fine with the G28 plugged in. However the intermittent misfire issue persists at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even if it is not plugged in, shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not sure what to do. I think I've eliminated everything else. But i am afraid I may have missed something. Please let me know If you have any suggestions! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter functions similarly to the G4 sender and works on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find the spare in a salvage shop or parts store. It is easy to test them - simply put your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump on the connector's edge facing up). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines requires to know the position and speed the crankshaft to determine fuel injector timing, etc. To do this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you are experiencing issues with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will show the codes that could trigger the engine shutting down.

The signs of a malfunctioning G28 sensor are an inaccurate gearbox rev counter the gears are shifting faster than normal, and/or a misfire when you're in gear. If you have any of these problems, it is most likely that your sensor is going bad and needs replacing. The good news is they are quite affordable and easily accessible particularly when you're looking at the Bosch model, which is what ours are. Alternatively, the GM version of this part is also a great option.

5. Tachometer

Mercedes-Benz-3D-Star.pngA malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be the reason behind many problems in your vehicle. It's a crucial component of the transmission in your replacement audi key fob q3 key audi (find out here now), as it transmits information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's engine is turning. This sensor can cause the transmission to malfunction and other components of the car to be affected.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It transmits a signal via a gray wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes this signal to control fuel, timig and boost and then transmitting it to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. You can also examine the continuity between pins T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should see approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between those points. This part is common across the audi keyfob 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 Du So, you may find some good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.